Sunday, March 4, 2012

Essay Research


            My essay consisted of plenty of research in different forms.  My essay is addressing the issue of the ban on ethnic studies in Arizona. When I did my research, I considered the audience and the source of my information. I noticed there was going to be a lot of material geared towards those actually involved in these events. A lot of the articles written immediately identified the issue as unconstitutional and morally wrong.
            Some of my research was dedicated to an area people probably wouldn’t think of. I decided to think big picture when I did my research. In order to make my essay interdisciplinary, I decided to incorporate history into the mix. History tells us a lot about the decisions that people tend to make, so it was fitting that I chose history for my essay. For example, I examined European history and the European diaspora as it relates to the United States. I discovered that European culture has remained consistent throughout their history, never really having to change or conform to another culture. This may be the reason why they don’t want ethnic studies in
Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment